What We Do
Testing, Adjusting, and Balancing of Environmental Systems
ASHRAE, the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air-Conditioning Engineers defines the three operations a TAB technician performs like this:
- Testing: Quantifying the performance of the system.
- Adjusting: Regulating the fluid flow rate (both air and water), and the air patterns at the terminal equipment (e.g., change in fan speed, fine-tuning damper limits, throttling a pump).
- Balancing:Proportioning flows within a distribution system (zones, branches, and terminals) according to specified design quantities.
TAB technicians apply these three operations as part of the TAB process, which ASHRAE describes as checking and adjusting all of the buildings environmental systems to achieve the intent of the system designer. For this process, a TAB technician will:
- Balance air and water distribution.
- Adjust the system as a whole to deliver the design quantities.
- Take electrical measurements.
- Verify the performance of all equipment and automatic control.
- Measure sound and vibration levels.
The Testing, Adjusting and Balancing Bureau (TABB)
is an organization made up of top heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration professionals. Since 1981, TABB has set the certification standards for the HVAC industry. TABB is the first and only HVAC testing, adjusting and balancing certification program accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). When it comes to the proper way to test, adjust and balance HVAC systems, TABB-certified professionals are recognized as the most competent, reliable and qualified in the HVAC industry.
With endorsements from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association (SMACNA), and construction companies nationwide, TABB is the professional’s choice for all of your HVAC testing, adjusting and balancing needs.
TABB also maintains a Quality Assurance Program and a Contractor Customer Satisfaction Program to safeguard the integrity of our certification procedures.
Check out our other services that are related to Testing, Adjusting and Balancing
Hospital Ventilation, FGI / ASHRAE 170 Certification
We provide testing and making the proper adjustments to your ventilation system for FGI/ASHRAE 170
Check out our sample report
Smoke Control System Testing
United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Room pressure and system adjustments